Frontend Engineer (React) - Ankara
Plentific is one of the fastest-growing property technology companies in the UK, with offices in Germany and Turkey. Our mission is to improve lives by making housing work better for everyone.
We empower housing providers with a platform to manage their properties. We utilise great local trade talent to create more jobs, build community cohesion and provide better services than ever before.
In 2018, we achieved a lot at Plentific:
- Over 100,000 properties under management on our platform
- Recognised as ‘Deal of the Year - Residential’ at the UK PropTech Awards
- Set a new industry benchmark on responsive repairs by reducing typical time frames (20 days) to less than 4 days
- Realised a significant boost in customer satisfaction by streamlining complex housing processes
2019 is off to an even better start for us. We’ve been recognised by the UK Housing Awards as ‘Professional Services Partner of the Year’. We’ve entered partnerships with social enterprises such as Beam, with whom we help co-fund training for homeless people into trades jobs, and thus rebuild their lives. We are also working with the UK’s largest placemaker - Places for People, on making local communities grow and flourish.
Headquartered in London, the engineering team is the connection between all teams at Plentific and is constantly tackling challenging problems, such as online payments, quoting, invoicing, booking, search / scoring algorithms, ETL, data pipelines, in-app messaging, real-time notifications and fraud prevention. Our backend engineers mostly work with Python and Django on an increasingly more service-oriented architecture. In the backend we also use Django REST Framework, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, AWS, Amazon Redshift, Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Celery, Pandas, Numpy, Scrapy, Git with Zenhub, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, Logstash and lots of raw SQL for analytics. We have a very large but clean code base as we put significant emphasis on design patterns, code readability, testability, maintainability and extendability.
We’re looking for an experienced frontend engineer to join the engineering team. You’ll be working alongside a highly technical and motivated team and report to the technical co-founder. You would be expected to apply fundamental engineering and mathematical skills to solve problems and overcome challenges, not just develop code. For people with the right mindset, this frame of mind provides an intellectually stimulating environment.
You will be working from our newly established Ankara office and be part of a distributed team of engineers working from the UK and Italy in addition to Turkey. There will be plenty of opportunities to travel and collaborate face to face.
- Work with product owners, product managers, user interface designers and other software engineers to write technical documents that identify software project requirements
- Write well-formulated, testable and readable code using appropriate software design patterns
- Diagnose and solve page load and other speed issues
- Debug and fix bugs across our applications
- Participate in code reviews
- Review, maintain and refactor existing code to meet the requirements for improved or new features
- Write technical documentation of code, algorithms and APIs
- Help in drafting of end-user manuals
- Identify, evaluate and communicate frontend best practices
- 1+ year commercial React experience using one of the Flux frameworks
- Strong understanding of UI/UX best practices and considerations
- Passion for writing clean, modular, well-commented, readable and reusable code
- Ability to think out of the box with a can-do attitude to get things done efficiently
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate technical concepts in plain English
- Top academics (BSc, MSc) in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics or another field with strong programming curriculum
- No military obligation for male candidates or postponed for at least 2 years
- Competitive compensation package
- A new 15’’ MacBook pro and supporting hardware of your choice
- Annual learning and development fund
Please submit all CV's in English