Business Development Manager
Plentific is one of the fastest-growing property technology companies in the UK, with offices in Germany and Turkey. Our mission is to improve lives by making housing work better for everyone.
We empower housing providers with a platform to manage their properties. We utilise great local trade talent to create more jobs, build community cohesion and provide better services than ever before.
In 2018, we achieved a lot at Plentific:
- Over 100,000 properties under management on our platform
- Recognised as ‘Deal of the Year - Residential’ at the UK PropTech Awards
- Set a new industry benchmark on responsive repairs by reducing typical time frames (20 days) to less than 4 days
- Realised a significant boost in customer satisfaction by streamlining complex housing processes
2019 is off to an even better start for us. We’ve been recognised by the UK Housing Awards as ‘Professional Services Partner of the Year’. We’ve entered partnerships with social enterprises such as Beam, with whom we help co-fund training for homeless people into trades jobs, and thus rebuild their lives. We are also working with the UK’s largest placemaker - Places for People, on making local communities grow and flourish.
About the Opportunity
The role of Business Development Manager, is a varied and challenging role within Plentific. We first understand our customers’ business before we get to the technology. This approach leads to smart technology integrations; streamlining old and complex processes, saving money on repairs and management delivering a positive change to both customers and the local community. You will be passionate and responsible for persuading social housing providers and local councils to integrate with Plentific and route their repairs and maintenance through our engine. You will be connecting with those you already know and building relationships with those you don’t. With both groups you’ll be investigating their situation, proposing an improvement and guiding that housing provider to a decision to use Plentific.
- Based in London, you have a minimum of 3 years outbound business development experience
- An ambition to drive change in the industry being part of a disruptive technology company
- Fun and sociable personality, a can-do attitude, be willing to learn and be able to overcome challenges
- Experience developing high-value partnerships
- Impressive track record of exceeding targets
- Good technical understanding and excellent presentation skills
- You are excited by the opportunity to join an ambitious team in a growing start-up
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity of CRM practices.
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales.
- Excellent sales, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience’s needs.
- Ability to generate own leads and pipeline.
- Ability to work autonomously
The person who will excel in this role will have the following attributes:
- Present, promote and sell Plentific’s products/services using solid arguments to prospective customers.
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs.
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling, social media and other appropriate channels.
- Achieve sales targets and KPIs within defined period.
- Coordinate sales efforts with team members and other departments.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends.
- Identifying and developing potential customers through existing networks, cold calling and other lead generation activities (such as campaigns and events), both individually and via the telesales channel
- Developing and managing a strong pipeline with rigorous attention to detail via Hubspot CRM
- Maintaining regular contact with the prospect throughout the sales cycle
- Ideally proven ability to sell SaaS whilst building relationships and convincing multiple stakeholders during a complex sales cycle
- Providing prospects with highly tailored and high quality information and documentation on a timely basis
- Increasing the value Plentific brings existing clients by finding more areas and ways we are able to assist our clients
- Attending conferences and exhibitions and leading round table discussions
As you can see, we have big plans and are eager to grow our team of dreamers and doers to achieve our vision of managing over 1 million properties through our platform across various countries. You can help us shape the future of property management. Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Private health care including discounted gym membership
- Learning and development fund
- A flexible working environment + 23 days annual holiday
- A head office in London Bridge (less than 2 mins from Borough Market)
- An inherently diverse culture with over 11 nationalities and 21 languages spoken
- Food for thought: bottomless breakfast bar and drinks